Mikayla – Studio Director/ Head Instructor
Mikayla opened Aerial Enchantment at the start of 2018 to combine her love of aerials with her love of teaching kids. She is passionate about instructing and building the confidence of kids & teens in the art of aerial dance. She has completed training through Circus Training Australia in Silks, Lyra, Trapeze, Tumbling and Acro. She is also a certified AntiGravity Level 1 Instructor. Mikayla has completed a certificate III in childcare and loves working with young kids in particular! She has 15 years experience as a dancer and specialises in Aerial Silks, Hammock, Lyra, Trapeze and Contortion.
Kaitlin – Instructor
Kaitlin has completed a bachelor of health science majoring in health science and movement science at Sydney Uni. She is a certified AntiGravity Level 1 Instructor and has completed training with Circus Training Australia in Silks, Lyra and Trapeze. Kaitlin has also coached AFL and Cricket in schools and local footy clubs, in 2019 she will be studying her masters in teaching. She has a passion for aerials, specialising in Silks.
Madisyn – Instructor
Madisyn moved from the Bahamas at age 12 and immediately began competitive cheerleading. She went on to win National and State titles before falling in love with all things aerials in 2018. Madisyn previously worked as a swim instructor working with kids from ages 1-10. Her favourite aspect of teaching is sharing her passion with others and watching them accomplish new skills! Her favourite apparatus’s are Hammock and Lyra, she also has a love for contortion.
Holly – Instructor
Holly has been doing ilks for three and a half years. Before silks she did gymnastics and loved it but turned to silks for a new challenge. She has recently started training on other aerial apparatus’s such as hammock, trapeze and lyra. She loves teaching kids to concur new challenges as well as becoming stronger individuals!
Tahlia – Instructor
Tahlia started off doing gymnastics for 3 years, followed by 2 years of cheerleading and then found her love for all things aerial! She loves teaching because it’s a fun new experience for her, she gets to meet new people and learn even more about aerial dance!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear? Leggings and a t-shirt or singlet, please take all jewellery off before coming to your class.
Do I get a make up class if i’m sick or can’t make my class? If you let us know 24 hours before your class begins we will provide you with the possible times you can come to a make up class!
What if I don’t like it? We offer a trial class so that you can try it out before booking in for the full term!
Will I have to share the silks/ hammock/ lyra/ trapeze? No! You get you’re own apparatus for the whole class!
I’ve done silks/ hammock/ lyra/ trapeze before, what level should I do? Contact us for a trial class so we can assess what level would be suitable for you!
I’m not strong, flexible or fit enough? Absolutely everyone can do aerials no matter where you are starting from! Coming to aerial classes will make you strong and flexible! All of our beginner classes are suitable to people with absolutely no prior fitness/ strength experience all you need is a positive attitude!
How do I book in for a class? To book into a class go to our ‘schedule’ tab to search through all of our classes that are available!
- When on the apparatus, clothing with zippers or buttons are not allowed. Any jewellery including necklaces, bracelets, dangly earrings or rings can’t be worn during class as they may tear or snag the hammocks and silks.
- Please turn mobile phones off or to silent during your class to not disrupt the class.
- All classes must be paid for prior to the beginning of the class.
- If you need to leave a class early, please inform your instructor at the beginning of the class.
- If you are unable to attend a class please let us know 24 hours before the start of the class to be able to attend a make up class.
- If you don’t give us notice before 24 hours prior to the start of the class, you will not receive a make up class.
- If you are over 20 minutes late to a class, you won’t be able to join in on the class.
- We do not offer refunds for classes if you are unable to attend.
- We do not offer refunds if you have booked in for a term class and have changed your mind.